Do you want to write?
I coach and mentor writers. I focus on non-fiction and journalism mainly.
How I became a writer
I am a published author of two non-fiction self-help guides (see Amazon.)
I was commissioned to write the books for parents, using my teaching background.
As a spin-off from these, I was commissioned to write features, initially on education.
My first feature was on starting secondary school,for the Guardian.
For ten years I have been writing for all the broadsheets - The Times, Guardian, Telegraph,
the Independent on Sunday, a regular career page in the i newspaper, a range of magazines and websites including women's magazines, health websites and parenting websites.
You can see a couple of my features here:
My work as a writing coach is with compete beginners and more experienced writers.
- Some of my clients want writing coaching to help them with a complete career change.
- Others are already writing and want a writing coach to help them to expand their writing portfolio.
- And others need the support of a writing coach to formulate ideas for a book they may write.
I have a growing number of successful clients who have written, and had published, non-fiction books.
Other clients have moved into the world of journalism and written for the national broadsheets.
How I can help you
As a writing coach I can work with you in any way you want.
- You currently write as a hobby but want to know if you could write professionally.
- You have a novel on the back burner and need coaching support to keep going, or manage your time and confidence.
- You have a brilliant idea for a non-fiction book and wonder where to start with it.
I completely understand how you might feel unsure of what writing coaching could do for you.
All writing coaching is created for you as an individual, starting with your passions, your strengths and your ambitions.
But why not book a call with me and we can explore your ideas together?
Fees for writing coaching are arranged according to what you need, the time we will spend together, and how long that would be.
A quotation will be sent after our discussion if you are interested in going ahead.